Andrew Low House/Museum
329 Abercorn Street
Designed for cotton broker Andrew Low in 1848.
Cathedral of St. John the Baptist
222 East Harris St (Lafayette Square)
Oldest Roman Catholic Church in Georgia
28 Bull Street
"Mother Church of Georgia"
First Sunday school & English hymnal
Ministered by Rev. John Wesley & Rev. George Whitefield
Flannery O'Connor House
207 E. Charlton St.
Features restored birthplace museum and O'Connor memorabilia
(on Savannah River, East of Savannah)
1 Fort Jackson Road
Oldest remaining fort in Georgia
U.S. Highway 80 East
Tybee Island, GA 31328
1847 Fort that fell to Union Troops in Civil War.
5600 acres of nature trails, picnic spots, and marsh views
Georgia Historical Society
501 Whitaker Street
Repository of Georgia’s history. Extensive selection of books, microfilm, files, and artifacts.
at St. John's Episcopal Church
14 West Macon St.
Gothic-style architecture; General Sherman established his headquarters here
330 Abercorn Street
Built in 1873 for Samuel P.Hamilton. Example of Second French Empire styles of architecture in the United States. Referred to in John Berendt's Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
Harper Fowlkes House and Museum
230 Barnard Street on Orleans Square
(Between Oglethorpe and Liberty Streets)
Savannah, GA 31401
Open Wed-Fri. 10 am - 3 pm
Also available to rent for special events
Isaiah Davenport House and Museum
324 East State Street
Example of Federal architecture; fueled restoration effort in 1954.
Jepson Center for the Arts
(See Telfair Museum below)
Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace
10 East Oglethorpe Avenue
(N.E. Corner of Bull Street)
Birthplace of Girl Scouts founder; restored and furnished to depict the1880's.
502 E. Harris Street
Restored 1896 Victorian Cottage; honors black heritage
Lutheran Church of the Ascension
Bull Street on Wright Square
An 1879 Parish designed by George B. Clarke
Noted for stain glass windows.
341 Bull Street
Scottish Rite Temple - Bookstore & Restaurant inside
Mary Marshall Row
230-244 East Oglethorpe Ave.
Restored by Historic Preservationists
Conrad Aiken residence in early 1960's
Massie Heritage Interpretation Center
207 East Gordon Street
Exhibits of city & plan of Savannah; Greek, Roman and Victorian architecture.
Mercer-Williams House and Museum
429 Bull Street
Carriage House, and Slave Quarters
124 Abercorn Street
Regency architecture by William Jay; formal English-style garden.
Displays The Acacia Collection of African-Americana
Furniture, pottery, textiles and other items created by African-Americans.
Railroad Shops and Historic Roundhouse Museum
901 West Harris Street (Near the Visitors' Center)
Antebellum railroad manufacturing and repair facility.
A National Historic Landmark.
(912) 651-6823 / (912) 651-6834
Private Residence with Shop
6 West Harris Street
Example of Greek Revival design by Charles Blaney Cluskey
Savannah Cotton Exchange
100 East Bay Street
1886 Romanesque design by William Gibbons Preston
Savannah Volunteer Guards HQ (ARMY)
1893 Romanesque red brick and molded terra cotta
Designed by William Gibbons; first building owned by SCAD
Ships of the Sea Museum
41 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard
Located inside Scarbrough House; 1819 design by William Jay